Take it from someone who has built, stained, and repaired more cedar decks over the past ten years than I can remember. If the area you want to build your new deck on gets more than 4 hours of direct sunlight per day, build with a different material. Rain doesn’t destroy cedar, too much sunlight does. Cedar is not cheap and unless you want to deal with rotten or warped cedar after a few years, take my advice.
- Review: OSI Quad Window Door and Siding Sealant
- If you’re thinking about buying a wood-sided home, buy one with large overhangs!
- Thinking About Building A Cedar Deck? Read This First
- Are woodpeckers eating holes in your home? Read this…
- Shoveling snow off of your deck will not improve the deck stain’s life expectancy